Student Complaints

Students who have complaints relating to issues that are covered by the student code of conduct should follow the institution's process for filing a complaint. The student code of conduct is found at, see Appendix Two, Article IV.

If Neumont does not resolve the complaint, distance education students may file a complaint with the Utah Board of Regents at The Board of Regents will only consider complaints that were previously unresolved by the institution and may refer a complaint to another agency for investigation.

If a student believes that the University has not adequately addressed a complaint or concern, the student may consider contacting ACICS at 750 First Street, N.E., Suite 980, Washington, DC  20002-4241, (202) 336-6780(202) 336-6780. Students may also contact the U.S. Department of Education if they have a concern appropriate for an accreditor. A complaint form can be downloaded at

Students who have complaints against the college/university relating to fraud, false advertising, or other deceptive practices can file a complaint with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection, 160 East 300 East, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake City, UT 84111, Telephone No. 801-530-6601, Toll Free in Utah at 1-800-721-SAFE or online at

In addition, students involved with distance and correspondence education can file a complaint with their state's enforcement authority, found at Scroll through and click the “Student Complaint Process by State” link.